Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life Is Good!!!

Aah, Life is good. Seriously. I know this would seem a little out of touch with reality in this milieu of recessions and frauds and blackmail by a failed state, but I refuse to be sucked into this whirlpool of depression.

Therefore, I shall celebrate the good things happening around me, the best of which is that come May, I would officially be an Engineer. Yay Me!!! Srinivas Chandrasekhar Mandapati, B.E. Has a nice ring to it, no? As I continue to evaluate the endless wonder of my new name, as it were, I am reminded of another fantastic event- the end of George Bush’s presidency. If all goes well, we could even get mukti from the biggest challenge to our sanity- Himesh Reshammiya and his suroor. Definitely something to be happy about (I couldn’t care less for the sods who appreciate his music and his acting!). I am sure I am in a majority when I say that I will be over the moon if he sticks to the reality shows…for eternity.

Now the one thing that positively makes me giddy with joy (besides my degree) is the masterpiece Deshdrohi. For a person who turns to endless re-runs of Friends for comic relief, this is manna from heaven. A complete swadeshi mode of entertainment and if you ask me, it is also the best antidote to all those wallowing over the multiple crisis’s. Can you blame me for being contended when I have such fascinating events and modes of entertainment to look forward to? And so, life is good. It just got better, because Manchester United have thrashed Chelsea 3-0.

No comments: